• Show
Clear All

• 2012 young guns league paintball tournament event 2

2012 YOUNG GUNS LEAGUE PAINTBALL TOURNAMENT EVENT 2
    Sponsored by Fort Adobe Paintball Park/Arizona Paintball Depot
    Dye, Planet Eclipse, Tippman, Troop Fuel

SATURDAY MAY 5, 2012
    SPEEDBALL 3 VS 3 RACE TO 2

Registration is at APD (602-493-031. Registration Fee is $50.00 per player. Teams will be formed/selected onsite (lottery pool) at FAP. Registration Deadline is May 3, 2012. Late registration fee, an additional $10.00. Players provide your own paint. Paint may be purchased at the event or APD. Players meeting at 8:30 AM. Team roster limited to 3 players. Age limit is 15 years old. Must have I.D as proof of age. NO EXCEPTIONS. Must not be 16 years of age on date of tournament.

PRIZES
    Prizes will be announced after the registration deadline. The more players that sign up the bigger the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place team winning packages will be. Event 1 had over $3000.00 worth of prizes given away.

1st Place: Medals

2nd Place: Medals

3rd Place: Medals

More info coming soon.... Hurry and register..... Event 1 was a very sucessful event.

Contact me at azjuggernauts@hotmail.com or pm me.
    Last edited by azjuggernauts; 04-06-2012, 05:47 AM. Reason: Sponsor Update

Cool loved first tourney. If you dont want to do lottery pool is that ok? We did taht last time and just didnt go into raffle which was fine

Comment

First wgl tournament was a big success.

Comment

Single players will be formed into teams by lottery pool......... It works very well.... If there is a raffle it depends on how many players sign up to be determined who is eligible..... We try to accomondate what is best for the AZYGL and players.....
        Last edited by azjuggernauts; 04-04-2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Lets get it on young guns

Comment

Originally posted by azjuggernauts View Post
            Single players will be formed into teams by lottery pool......... It works very well.... If there is a raffle it depends on how many players sign up to be determined who is eligible..... We try to accomondate what is best for the AZYGL and players.....
            Ok so im sort of confused. If you come as a single player than you will be put in lottery pool? But you can also come as your own team(if you have fiends you wanna playwith)?

Comment

Single player registrations only, your friends can sign up as well, every player will be entered in a lottery pool and teams will be formed up prior to the tournament, this is to ensure that all teams have a fair and level balance of play. Event 1 although was very sucessful, had a couple issues of concern, so with that said, and for the better of the AZYGL and Players, we will format teams with a lottery system.... PRIZES will be the same if not better at each event. Players and friends who attend may get lucky with the lottery system and be on one team, thats what makes this unique about AZYGL.... EVERY YOUNG GUN PLAYER HAS A CHANCE TO WIN A TOURNAMENT!!!! This method also teaches young guns how to adapt and work together as a new team and most importantly make new friends.

Comment

So if we sign up we are all playing on random team? Is that correct?

Comment

yes you are correct........
                  Originally posted by Dripped View Post
                  So if we sign up we are all playing on random team? Is that correct?

Comment

FAP and APD has printed out flyers for this event and is posted on APD facebook page...... Thanks APD for all of your support......

Comment

Single player registrations only, your friends can sign up as well, every player will be entered in a lottery pool and teams will be formed up prior to the tournament, this is to ensure that all teams have a fair and level balance of play. Event 1 although was very sucessful, had a couple issues of concern, so with that said, and for the better of the AZYGL and Players, we will format teams with a lottery system.... PRIZES will be the same if not better at each event. Players and friends who attend may get lucky with the lottery system and be on one team, thats what makes this unique about AZYGL.... EVERY YOUNG GUN PLAYER HAS A CHANCE TO WIN A TOURNAMENT!!!! This method also teaches young guns how to adapt and work together as a new team and most importantly make new friends.
                      I see what you mean by make new friends but in real tournaments you would of had lots of team practices before events to get to know how ur teamates play. I likes the last one where you could raffle or bring your own team. You guys should be training the young guns so that they are ready for bigger tourneys and teams.

Comment

The AZYGL practices only twice a month. Most of them only have 2 to 6 months experience......... When there are teams that have played for a couple of years, and are also appa identified, D3, D4 players, going up against a team that has only a few months really has no chance do they....... Its like a D4 team going up against a D1 or semi pro team......... slight chance the D4 team would even win a round in a match....... With that said teams were asked to join the AZYGL, but did not want to, just entered the event for the prizes.....The reason behind Event 1 was to promote the AZYGL. The main purpose of the AZYGL is for new and experienced players to join, practice, teach one another, and play tournaments with teams that are equally matched....... You said we should be training them, before you make any suggestions, have you volunteered any of your precious time to help and promote your sport with the AZYGL....? The last tournament was a successful tournament, but I knew when the teams that registered to play was sandbagging the event..... Other players as well told me that, but I let it go because the ad said any team, so I kept my word..... If you would like to help out with the AZYGL, and get more players involved, I would greatly appreciate it. If not that is ok as well..... Only a handful of volunteers are working hard to make this league grow, teach the new players basics, drills, scrimmages and become a state wide paintball league..... When AZYGL has a sufficient number of players registered, teams will be assigned by age of player and experience, eventually forming 5 man teams..... Then an all star team will be selected from the AZYGL to play in other tournaments, but this will only happen if all the young players get together and make this new league happen... I can get support from sponsors, but I cant make the league grow buy having advanced teams blowing out the inexperience teams that have just started the game of paintball.... If i had 2 to 4 yrs experience, I wouldnt play in a tournament if I knew all the other teams had only a few months experience, just to show respect for that league. I would have entered the raffle and played knowing I could adapt and give quick lessons and guidance to my adopted team. So with everything I said, I mean no disrespect to you, players or teams. I along with other AZYGL staff are just getting this league up and running, it will take time to get the league where it needs to be..... i hope you understand what I am trying to do here for all young gun players..... I do hope you register for the event, never know man, you will never know what happens till you do it.... you will have a great time and ........make new friends Thanks

Comment

The AZYGL practices only twice a month. Most of them only have 2 to 6 months experience......... When there are teams that have played for a couple of years, and are also appa identified, D3, D4 players, going up against a team that has only a few months really has no chance do they....... Its like a D4 team going up against a D1 or semi pro team......... slight chance the D4 team would even win a round in a match....... With that said teams were asked to join the AZYGL, but did not want to, just entered the event for the prizes.....The reason behind Event 1 was to promote the AZYGL. The main purpose of the AZYGL is for new and experienced players to join, practice, teach one another, and play tournaments with teams that are equally matched....... You said we should be training them, before you make any suggestions, have you volunteered any of your precious time to help and promote your sport with the AZYGL....? The last tournament was a successful tournament, but I knew when the teams that registered to play was sandbagging the event..... Other players as well told me that, but I let it go because the ad said any team, so I kept my word..... If you would like to help out with the AZYGL, and get more players involved, I would greatly appreciate it. If not that is ok as well..... Only a handful of volunteers are working hard to make this league grow, teach the new players basics, drills, scrimmages and become a state wide paintball league..... When AZYGL has a sufficient number of players registered, teams will be assigned by age of player and experience, eventually forming 5 man teams..... Then an all star team will be selected from the AZYGL to play in other tournaments, but this will only happen if all the young players get together and make this new league happen... I can get support from sponsors, but I cant make the league grow buy having advanced teams blowing out the inexperience teams that have just started the game of paintball.... If i had 2 to 4 yrs experience, I wouldnt play in a tournament if I knew all the other teams had only a few months experience, just to show respect for that league. I would have entered the raffle and played knowing I could adapt and give quick lessons and guidance to my adopted team. So with everything I said, I mean no disrespect to you, players or teams. I along with other AZYGL staff are just getting this league up and running, it will take time to get the league where it needs to be..... i hope you understand what I am trying to do here for all young gun players..... I do hope you register for the event, never know man, you will never know what happens till you do it.... you will have a great time and ........make new friends Thanks
                          I dont mean any disrespect but i played with some of my friends last tournament and i see what your saying about a d1 playing a d4 but i have only been playing paintball for 1 year and speedball for about 4-5 months like them. Same with the other guys on my team. One has only been playing for about 5 months total. And i dont want to say meam thing about azygl but from what it sounds like is that all the kids on the team are payin for the main squad to play bigger tournaments with their mom sponsorships. When theyve only been playing for 4-5 months they shouldnt be having geo 2.1's luxes ego 11's nt11's or dm11's etc. high end guns. Many of the young gun kids should be practicing every weekend instead of buying those expensive guns. Its also etter for players to play against better teams to learn better ways to play and get better(example me and my friends try and play the best teams we possibly can as much as we possibly can!!!)

Comment

Well this is kinda stupid... No offense but if you want to have a tourny then everyone should be able to pick there own team... Only fare and alot of people would like it better that way..

Comment

Originally posted by claycrusher96 View Post
                              I dont mean any disrespect but i played with some of my friends last tournament and i see what your saying about a d1 playing a d4 but i have only been playing paintball for 1 year and speedball for about 4-5 months like them. Same with the other guys on my team. One has only been playing for about 5 months total. And i dont want to say meam thing about azygl but from what it sounds like is that all the kids on the team are payin for the main squad to play bigger tournaments with their mom sponsorships. When theyve only been playing for 4-5 months they shouldnt be having geo 2.1's luxes ego 11's nt11's or dm11's etc. high end guns. Many of the young gun kids should be practicing every weekend instead of buying those expensive guns. Its also etter for players to play against better teams to learn better ways to play and get better(example me and my friends try and play the best teams we possibly can as much as we possibly can!!!)
                              Before you start making false allegations abt my team, do some homework first, my team does not, and I mean does not or has not received a penny from the AZYGL. You disrepected not just me, but my team as well. How abt you pm me and we can have a respectful conversation and settle any false allegations that you have publicly made against my team.....

Comment

Working...
                              X